About The Doctor Maurice Bertrand Foundation
Founded in 1980 by a group of individuals dedicated to helping cancer patients who choose to remain at home during the last phase of their life, the Doctor Maurice Bertrand Foundation has never deviated from this objective.
In fact, since this day, the Doctor Maurice Bertrand Foundation has never ceased, with the generous support of its collaborators and supporters, to raise money from a variety of sources such as donations from individuals, community organizations, corporate sponsors, government grants and subsidies, in order to financially support the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal.
The « Foundation » has done its job so well, that to this day, it has permitted the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal to carry out its mission to over 40000 patients and their families. Its mission being:
“To offer and dispense palliative care and services of the utmost quality to any person suffering from pre-terminal or terminal cancer, and who wishes to remain at home during the last phase of their life.”
Many wonderful individuals, businesses, religious communities and even other foundations have contributed and continue to contribute to our cause each year through our continuous fundraising campaigns, and together have raised over 11 million dollars that have gone directly into palliative home care by the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal. What amazing support!
And it’s not over! The Dr. Maurice Bertrand Foundation pursues its humanitarian work and continues to call upon the generosity of its benefactors to help the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal to care for and accompany the about 1 500 patients and their loved ones that seek our services yearly.
Thank you for your support!
Serge Théorêt, President
Dr. Maurice Bertrand Foundation
The Doctor Maurice-Bertrand Foundation receives its funding primarily from the following sources :
- Annual fundraising dinner;
- Annual fundraising concert in the spring;
- Appeals to other private Foundations, religious communities and corporations;
- In memoriam donations sent directly to the FDMB or through funeral homes;
- Donations from families and friends of families who have benefitted from the care and services
of the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal.
How your donations are used
The money raised by the Doctor Maurice Bertrand Foundation is strictly destined towards palliative home care and services dispensed by the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal to people in pre-terminal and terminal phases of cancer.
It is at the moment when those suffering from cancer are going through their last phases that the funds raised by the Foundation take on their significance, for it allows the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montrealto perform its main role as an organization specializing in palliative care with the patient and their loved ones.
Who does not know a parent, a friend, or a colleague who has died from cancer?
The cause is therefore humanitarian and collective.
HOW TO DONATE
LA FONDATION DOCTEUR MAURICE BERTRAND
Registration # : 11892-2236-RR0001
If you would like to make a donation to the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal, following the death of a loved one or during one of our fundraising activities, you may :
- Send a cheque to the following address with this form :
FONDATION DOCTEUR MAURICE BERTRAND
1110, rue Jean-Talon Est, Bureau 301
Montréal (Québec) H2R 1V9
- You may also request IN MEMORIAM cards to make a donation in memory of a deceased person, or to ask for donations in lieu of flowers at a funeral service, by contacting us by telephone, by email, or by sending us the donation form.
Don’t forget to include your return address so that we can send you a receipt for tax purposes
inquiries, please contact
Ms. Eva Villalba
514-272-7200 extension 229
from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 and 4:00pm
Or by email at email@example.com
Thank you for the confidence that you demonstrate towards the Doctor Maurice Bertrand Foundation and the Palliative Home Care Society of Greater Montreal!
THE GREAT SUPPORTERS OF LA FONDATION DOCTEUR MAURICE-BERTRAND THROUGHOUT THE YEARS
- A. Lassonde Inc.
- Aéroports de Montréal
- Agropur, division Natrel
- Banque Nationale du Canada
- BMO Nesbitt Burns
- Capital Benoît Inc.
- Desjardins Caisse Centrale
- Desjardins Capital de risque
- Desjardins Securities
- Dupont Liquid Box Inc.
- Fédération des Caisses Desjardins
- Fondation J.A. De Sève
- Fondation Jeanne-Mance
- Fondation Norman Fortier
- Fondation Zellers
- Groupe Santé Médisys
- IGA Sobeys
- I.V. Tech Pharma
- Langlois Kronström Desjardins
- Le Groupe Jean Coutu Inc.
- Les Caisses Desjardins de Montréal
- Les Pétroles Norcan
- Les Sœurs Hospitalières de St-Joseph
- Mikado Construction Inc.
- Miller Thomson Pouliot Mercure
- Norton Rose Canada
- Oeuvres du Docteur Roch Despatis
- Penson Financial Services Canada
- Power Corporation of Canada
- Produlith Inc.
- Provigo Loblaws
- Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
- Rio Tinto Alcan
- Serti Informatique
- Smurfit MBI
- Technologies Miranda Inc.
- Tetra Pak
- Thibault Messier Savard, Avocats
- Transport Robert
- Trust Banque Nationale Visa Desjardins
- Wal-Mart Canada Corp.
- XSTRATA Copper